In the Spring/Summer of 2018, Pampered Chef introduced a whole new way to cook with their new nonstick cookware collection. At first, I was hesitant about adding any of this collection to my personal kitchen, as I had just received an awesome set of pots & pans for my wedding five years prior. Eventually, though, I caved. I ordered my first piece. I played around with it. And I fell in love. Here are a few reasons why:
Disclosure: Please know that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. For more information, please click here. Thank you.
- Dishwasher Safe. I don’t know about you, but after I’ve cooked & eaten dinner, I’m ready to call it a night. Dishes were always the bain of my existence. Sure, the dishwasher helps, but what about all my pots & pans that have to be hand-washed? Not an issue anymore. I just take off the handles, throw it in the dishwasher, and boom. Clean up is super-simple. And I have time to watch an episode of The Voice before I go to bed. Score!
- Removable Handles. The handles come off?! What? Yup! This innovation seriously ranks right up there with some of the best ever. Like, I love making one-pot meals, but my oven’s only so big, ya know? Handles take up space. Now, I can saute what I need to saute, put the pan in the oven, remove the handle, and I have room for other stuff in there too! Also, when I throw my pans in the dishwasher, I have room for everything… no bulky handles getting in the way. Oh, and storing? Hello! Talk about ease in keeping my pan shelf organized!
- Use Metal Utensils! Ok, I’m going to be straight with you here. I grew up in the age of Teflon. Use of metal on those pans was forbidden. So, as you can imagine, when I finally invested and started adding these gorgeous nonstick pans to my kitchen, the idea of using my metal spoons & spatulas on them freaked me out. It took months before I tested it. And, y’all. Pampered Chef isn’t playing around here. These beauties are able to withstand all my utensils–even the metal ones! No more worrying that someone *ahem, my husband* is going to mess these up if I’m not babysitting my cookware! That, in itself, is worth it as far as I’m concerned.
- No Rivets=No Problem! This was always one of my big issues with other high-end cookware. The rivets that hold the handles on would inevitably always end up rusted or with bits of food stuck in them, no matter how well I scrubbed. I have to say that I’m impressed that 1) there are no rivets on this new cookware, and 2) it’s still structurally extremely strong and well-made. Sometimes it’s the little things that make the biggest difference, and this is definitely one of them.
- Quality Lids. With most cookware, it’s almost like the designers behind them kept the lids as an afterthought. Not so in this case. The lids to this lineup are not only beautiful tempered glass, but they have stainless steel rims that keep their shape. The fact that they’re also heat-safe to 400F is a definite bonus, as I can use them as a “casserole dish” in the oven, and not have to worry about damage to them from that heat.
- Oven Safe. Speaking of heat-safe, these pots & pans are built to take just about whatever you throw at them–including oven use. They are built to withstand heat of up to 480F. Let’s face it… that’s, like, 98% of everything I make in the oven. Heck, I’ve even baked dinner rolls in my 8″ Nonstick Fry Pan!
- Forget about Teflon. Before Pampered Chef, I thought the only way to truly have “nonstick” cookware was to use Teflon pans. Sure, my cast iron is great & well-seasoned, but for things like making omelets or whatnot, I thought I was doomed to the cancer-causing stuff that would flake off no matter how well you take care of it. The scientists behind this cookware put it best: “The top-of-the-line, titanium-reinforced, four-layer nonstick coating releases food easily.” Plus, it’s PFOA-free. (Psst… that’s the nasty cancer-causing stuff in Teflon. The American Cancer Society actually has a really good write up on it here.)
- Lifetime Guarantee. Yup. Seriously. This stuff is legit.
Thanks for stopping by! Lookin’ forward to seeing ya next time! Be sure to follow me on all my Social Media for more fun!