So, National S’mores Day rolls around every August 10 (mark your calendars now, y’all!) and this year I wanted to do something big to celebrate. So, I decided to make a Pampered Chef S’more Cake live on my Facebook page, and use the marshmallows I had just made earlier that day. Hey, I guess I’m a little extra at times. It’s part of my ever-loving charm. I think. Moving on!
Disclosure: Please know that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. For more information, please click here. Thank you.Jump to Recipe
Bake A Cake In The Microwave
Yup! I used to think that doing this would lead to rubbery or underdone cakes. I was so wrong. Using a dish like the RockCrok Everyday Pan that allows the cake to steam bake creates a moist, rich cake that makes mouths happy. And it doesn’t have to heat up your whole house if you want cake in the middle of summer. Which, let’s be honest here, is worth the price in gold, especially if you live in the Deep South like I do now. Oh, and having a cake baked in 4-5 minutes is pretty awesome too, not gonna lie.
I’m not going to lie… baking live on Facebook is always a bit nervewracking for me. Introverts the world over will understand, I’m sure. Hey, it’s why I blog, ya know? But if you’re interested in checking out the live I did, here ya go!
Pampered Chef’s S’more Cake
- RockCrok Everyday Pan
- 3 Hershey chocolate bars broken into pieces
- 1⅔ cup Devils Food Cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 3 Graham Crackers roughly broken up
- Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat broiler.
- Microwave the chocolate in the 2–cup (500–mL) Silicone Prep Bowl on HIGH 30–60 seconds or until it’s mostly melted. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4–5 minutes or until the center of cake is firm and springs back when pressed.
- Remove pan from microwave; arrange marshmallows in an even layer over cake. Broil 30–60 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove from broiler; sprinkle with crackers and drizzle with chocolate.
The Magic of Rockcroks
It’s no secret that I love my Rockcroks! If you’d like to learn a bit more about what they can do for you, I wrote a short, informative series a while back that you’re sure to enjoy! Be sure to check it out… start here!
Thanks for stopping by! Lookin’ forward to seeing ya next time! Be sure to follow me on all my Social Media for more fun!