Simple, One Pan Taco Pasta
Taco Pasta’s on the menu!
Ok, I’m going to break from my norm here a little, and give you guys a modern-day favorite dinner recipe. Yes, I know I’m usually into the classic family recipes that have been passed down through the years, but when something’s this good, a girl’s gotta share. Enter: Taco Pasta.
Disclosure: Please know that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. For more information, please click here. Thank you.Jump to Recipe
This easy dish is the perfect answer to “What’s for dinner?”. It can be easily thrown together with whatever you’ve got hanging out in the fridge & cupboards. For real… get creative with your add-ins or substitutions. As long as it’s something you’d put in a taco, anything goes.
How does it taste? Well, my husband had three bowls in one sitting. Sure, he’d mown the lawn earlier and was hungry, but… three. bowls. In one sitting. And this has been requested a few times since then. Ya know that when that happens, you’ve got a winner.
I do have to plug my Pampered Chef 12″ Nonstick Skillet and Mix ‘N Chop here… these two beauties work SO WELL together, and really help to get dinner on the table much faster. Oh, and being able to throw everything in the dishwasher when dinner’s over is a huge win in my book. Oh, and if you haven’t discovered Watkins seasonings yet, this is the perfect time to do so. I’ve never experienced higher-quality seasonings and such other than Watkins. So. There’s my plug. Take it or leave it.
I love hearing and seeing pictures of my recipes that you’ve made before! When you make this, be sure to take a pic and post it to social media with the hashtag #SipDashSavor. xoxoPrint Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 can black olives sliced
- 1 pkg Watkins Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Watkins Chicken Soup & Gravy Base
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- In a 12″ Nonstick Skillet, brown your beef (or turkey), onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until completely cooked. This should take about 5 minutes. Drain any fat.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat (stirring every once in a while) for about 20 minutes, or until the pasta is done.
- Remove the skillet from the heat source and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- If you’d like to garnish with tomatoes, green onion, sour cream, or more cheese, this is the time to do it. Heck, I’ve even seen someone put some crushed up nacho taco chips on theirs before. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! Lookin’ forward to seeing ya next time! Be sure to follow me on all my Social Media for more fun!